Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quack!


Oh it is hot! I know that it really is not that bad, but the past two days have been much warmer than I am used to them being. The duck above was a mini installation that I put together for Mandie's desk simply titled, Duck in Stereo. I wired in two speakers into her quacking flashlight friend, and she was very excited upon finding it and pressing the button to hear her duck with a much stronger voice! It was all temporary, and the little quacker is safe and back together in one piece.


This past weekend, Mandie and I hopped on a train and headed out to visit Fred and Regine in their beautiful home in Solingen. It was very nice to take a break from the city and relax for a while in the country side. Anna was also there for the weekend. It was wonderful to get to see them all again! All of our meals, and tea, were enjoyed outside, either on the terrace or in the garden. It was great that it was finally warm enough to do so, and the garden was so beautiful! Regine's cooking is something I could never tire of. She makes delicious food! I noticed that my German has been steadily improving. We spoke German the entire time, and I'm finding that I can understand much better than before, though I still tend to be the quite one of the group. I even managed to discuss the technical details of televisions while I bounced ideas off Fred ragarding my electronic tinkering.


Thank you Fred and Regine for a wonderful relaxing weekend! We hope to see you again soon!

No comments: